Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33525
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified technician provides general support to the pharmacist by receiving, reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. Tech's will work at least 2 mornings and 2 evenings a week and every 3rd or 4th Saturday. The hours are 7am to 6pm Monday through Friday and 9am to 3pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday.
This position qualifies for our UNC Health Caldwell Commitment Incentive Program, which includes $3,000 paid in two installments over one (1) year. Equal payments will be made within the first 30 days of employment from their start date and after the first anniversary year of employment. Learn more about our UNC Health Caldwell Incentive Program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-health-caldwell-commitment-incentive-program
1. Receives and accurately transcribes orders from prescribers under the supervision of a pharmacist. Process prescriptions in a timely order and manner so as to best take care of patient needs.
2. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
3. Assists with Medication Therapy Management, Medsync, and other clinical outreach programs.
4. Selects and prepares medications (oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
5. Prepares medications for pick-up, delivery or shipping. Returns unpurchased medications to stock and processes credits.
6. Solves issues with patient payment (prior authorization, patient assistance needed, etc.). Sells prescriptions to patients and processes payment. Accurately manages cash and other payments.
7. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services that do not require a pharmacist’s professional judgment or expertise.
8. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
9. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory and supplies, and contributes to expiration date management.
10. Contributes to process improvement projects.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Retail
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.