Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 31914
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets and goals and objectives. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives.
Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets, performance improvement goals, and objectives met by through data reporting. Develops, presents, and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Monitors and analyzes revenue and actual expenditure trends in relation to budget. Recommends and implements changes to plans as appropriate to management on a monthly and annual basis for Psychiatry Service Line in both Chapel Hill and Raleigh.
2. Designs, modifies, and implements accounting/business systems for the WakeBrook campus budgetary needs. Performs unit, systems, and parallel tests of new or redesigned systems and processes, keeping records up to date including managing the funding from state/county government and managed care organizations (MCO’s).
3. Accounts for campus line item expenditures, accruing on a monthly basis.
4. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB, and FASB.
5. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional annual fiscal planning.
6. Stays abreast of and manages campus contracts and finances with transparency to all stakeholders, including LME/MCO's and governmental reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and as needed basis.
7. Presents certain data when requested in a variety of meeting settings.
8. Provides ad hoc reporting and information, to quickly and accurately meet leadership deadlines.
9. Leads data analysis reporting and data troubleshooting projects for the Psychiatry service line.
10. All other duties as assigned.
Advanced Excel and extrapolation of data for presentations as well as executing presentations will be necessary. A successful candidate must possess strong: accounting principles and practices, attention to detail, communication, organization, and time management skills in a deadline driven environment. Master's degree preferred.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Wakebrook
Organization Unit: Wakebrook - Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.