Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 28322
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Associate Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) of UNC Hospitals is responsible to oversee the staffing, research, education, and quality efforts of the nursing program at UNC Hospitals. This includes leadership of the Center for Nursing Excellence at UNC Hospitals.
1. Provides strategic direction, leading the development and management of all functions of the Nursing Employment, Staffing Systems, and Administrative House Supervisor offices. Collaborates with Nursing Directors to review, support and promote hiring and ensure adequate staffing and support throughout the nursing units. Ensures effective communication to strategic partners to include PLC, Talent Acquisition, HR Partners, etc.
2. Provides ongoing development and mentorship of the Nurse Employment, Nurse Education, and the Center for Nursing Excellence leadership teams.
3. Analyze metrics to quantify and assess human resources, quality, and education activities to identify and address issues of concerns. Ensures resources are available to faciliate the planned growth of the nursing enterprise at UNC Health and ensures resources are available to effectively train nursing staff.
4. Evaluates issues related to nursing quality, education and staffing and identifies trends. Collaborates on problem solving to address trended issues. Collects, analyzes, and distributes data related to assigned areas of oversight.
5. Responsible for nursing practice, quality, education, research and compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations, laws, standards, and practices.
6. Assumes responsibility for the operational management of The Center for Nursing Excellence and all related education and quality programs.
7. Demonstrates a commitment to cost effectiveness in providing services and supports the continuous effort to conserve resources while providing individualized high quality care. Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Coordinates the budget planning as needed with other members of the healthcare system leadership. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Master’s degree preferred.
● Registered to practice as a licensed nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Certification preferred in nursing leadership field of practice.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires 10 years of progressively responsible experience and 7 years of management experience. Experience in academic health centers preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills and schedule flexibility with the ability to travel are required
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Nursing Office
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.