Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33044
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Call
Center Supervisor oversees the daily (24/7/365) clinical operations for all of
the Clinical Contact Center services. The Clinical Contact Center provides
remote clinical assessment and decision making for primary and specialty care
patient populations across the UNC Health System. This role is charged
with implementing and maintaining clinically safe, high quality and reliable
services across UNC Health. This position oversees a team of
approximately 20-25 triage nurses requiring advanced training in a high risk
patient virtual care setting including UNC Virtual Practice Services, and is
responsible for: recruitment and hiring, training and education, clinical
nursing service quality, technology support, information security and nursing
documentation for all Clinical Contact Center telehealth services. This
position coordinates with Medical leaders across the health care system to
provide comprehensive and timely access to care, including our rapidly growing
clinical and telehealth services at UNC Health. This position also works
closely with scheduling and patient navigation teams across the system to
ensure a seamless patient experience, triaging patients and making sure they
get the right care they need quickly. This position collaborates with
administrative, technical and clinical staff across the UNC Health Care
1. Clinical Support and planning – Responsible for supervising a shift staff of 24/7/365 shared service clinical contact center offerings ensuring adequate health care access, high quality clinical care and patient satisfaction to a diverse patient and provider population. Actively monitor personnel performance and patient satisfaction.
2. Education/Research-Participates in and stays current with clinical education and training activities from high impact nursing and telehealth research. Participates in short and long range planning. Actively participates in the overall vision, mission, direction, goals and objectives of the UNC Health Care system. Participates in continuous improvement projects that align with strategic priorities and improve the patient experience with access to care.
3. RN level Triage Telehealth- Share clinical expertise in Clinical Call Center triage nursing across the health care system. Collaborate extensively with key health care stakeholders, providers and managers across the health care continuum
4. Qualitative Analysis-Work with manager on qualitative analysis with attention to detail and Technology Integrity. Engages with technology advocates to enhance patient access through virtual visits, texting platforms and telephony. Reviews and analyzes performance ongoing, identifies gaps, and develops recommendations for improvement.
5. Leading change- Discovers and validates opportunities to provide highly effective telehealth services to diverse populations and settings disproportionately affected by access to health care.
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Professional certification (ANCC Magnet approved) relevant to Management, Leadership or Clinical Area is required within the probationary period of employment.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of professional nursing in tertiary care and one (1) year of supervisor or team lead experience in specialty area. 2 or more years of telephonic nurse triage experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Nurse Connect
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.