Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 31979
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Lab Assistant prepares patient specimens for analysis and/or provide technical support for a specific clinical service or program. Histology lab experience is preferred.
Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers and/or laboratory supervisor regarding specimen suitability, procedures, media preparation or instrument function checks.
2. Investigates and troubleshoots problems with equipment, procedures, specimens, reagents and/or workflow.
3. May assist in teaching of Clinical Laboratory Science students, Pathology residents, fellows, visiting scientists and/or new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of a specific clinical service or program.
5. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs specimen processing procedures. Provides quality control and equipment maintenance.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant experience.
● If Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Biological Science, no experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Surgical Pathology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.