Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33280
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. Supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
1. Leader and Influencer of complex quality and process improvement initiatives. Key advisor who leads organization-wide projects that are aligned with organizational vision and goals. Strategic partner to departments. Serves as mentor and may supervise Specialists, Analysts and administrative support staff. Serves as organizational consultant to Health Care System executives.
2. Develops innovative solutions that provide competitive advantage. Provides vision for future development phases. Amplifies capabilities through mentoring to other departments across the organization. Organizational consultant to HCS executives.
3. Identifies ways that TM&T can be applied to create new business/growth opportunities. Develops the case which illustrates the benefits to the organization. Conducts on-going studies and research of TM&T that are relevant to business improvement/growth. Engages vendors, consultants, and content experts to evaluate current, planned, and possible TM&T. Able to train Lean Six Sigma trainers and/or other improvement methodology trainers. Leads the development of Lean Six Sigma training materials and/or other improvement methodologies training materials.
4. Identifies ways to improve customer support through system wide methodologies. Defines metrics and reporting which permits solutions to be measured and improved. Ability to create an environment where Customer Service thrives through motivation and excellence.
5. Identifies ways to improve project team performance and determines how next implementation can be accomplished more effectively. Identifies methods for improving the project management process across HCS. Has skill set and responsibility to lead ?operations? or ?executive? committees.
6. Leads highly complex and difficult improvement processes. Evaluates new business opportunities. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc., seeking continued learning on advanced topics (e.g., simulation, etc.).
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: OQE Outpatient Perf Imp
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.