Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33888
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Outpatient Access Center Supervisor manages the day to day operations of the Outpatient Access Center. This position provides supervision and direction to a team of outpatient access specialists who are skilled in customer service and critical thinking in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include candidate selection, staff counseling and coaching, and distributing workload. Employees in this class are considered experts within the area of assignment (professional relations, scheduling, referrals) and provide assistance to both subordinates and other staff.
Additionally, the Outpatient Access Center Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring processes are conducted efficiently and in a high quality manner to meet a high level patient experience, departmental and organizational goals, and the health care needs of all the patients we serve. They ensure call center operations adhere to departmental and organizational protocols and patient privacy regulations.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Manages department HR function related to staff recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training. Conducts performance evaluations and employee discipline in accordance with UNCHCS policies and procedures. Maintains employee attendance records and approves timecards.
2. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management.
3. Works with the Staff Development Specialist to ensure new or revised procedures are documented and ensures staff are aware of these procedures and are able to demonstrate competency upon completion of initial orientation and ongoing QA reviews.
4. Manage team projects and participate on intra-departmental projects. Lead or serve on recurring task force teams, project workgroups, special projects, and regular leadership meetings. Develops and implements process improvement plans.
5. Serve as internal and external representation and leadership role with stakeholders across the health care system.
6. Ensures that all patient and provider complaints are resolved in a timely manner with favorable solutions.
7. Develops policies and procedures to accomplish objectives. Communicates changes to existing policies and procedures. Responsible for continuous improvement to processes, development and documenting workflow plans.
8. Establishes priorities within the unit supervised establishes work schedules, organizes and directs the flow of work. Adjusts individual assignments to meet the needs of the unit. Job Profile This job profile is intended to provide a representation of responsibilities required. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this profile.
9. Provides input to departmental budget process and monitors to ensure fiscal accountability. May establish work unit operational budget.
10. Operational supervision and responsibility of all processes for a wide variety of services for the UNCHCS as well as external health care facilities we maintain contracts with to meet goals related to value care patient populations, patient engagement, patient experience, provider relations/referrals, patient care, and customer service satisfaction. Resolves work problems utilizing operational, technical, and program knowledge.
11. Performs routine and ad hoc analyses, audits, reporting, and workflow studies as required to ensure operational efficiency and departmental readiness for growth. Specialty reporting required for tracking and trending, and forecasting staffing needs.
12. Keeps leadership team informed of departmental operations related to HR, training, metrics, and staff performance and needs. Work with a variety of different departments related to the individual services provided including shared services such as ISD, Telecom, PQI, Privacy Office, HIM, PLC, and Revenue Cycle, and also individual clinic leadership teams from all UNCHCS entities.
13. Assists with developing specific departmental standards and objectives which directly support the achievement of UNCHCS organizational access goals.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements: At least two years of supervisory experience; work experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on patient centered care to meet patient and departmental needs; professionalism, active listening, rapport building, facilitating, empathy, conflict resolution, complaint management, and problem solving.
Provide open, positive mission-focused communication, direction and assistance to all internal and external customers. Express initiative, teamwork and a good attitude. Shows interest and self-motivation.
Ability to work effectively as a leader in a fast-paced, constantly changing, demanding work environment while maintaining strong critical thinking, leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
Assumes additional responsibilities while also supporting the team in their needs and identifying situations that need to be brought to supervisor and/or manager.
Skilled in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong personal computer and technology skills
Ability to access and utilize numerous databases simultaneously
Strong organizational skills and the ability to shift priorities quickly. Strong Leadership Skills
Preferred: familiarity with medical terminology
Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic and project-oriented environment.
Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills.
Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to professionally present information.
Team player, interested in patient centered care and patient safety. Shows willingness and the ability to share observations that may improve workflows, teamwork and customer service.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Ambulatory Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.