Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33991
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Implements and supports the Picture Archive Communication System for the Department of Radiology. Defines and maintains the configuration of complex system to continually meet the operational requirements of the related operation. Serves as a liaison between the end-users, vendors and information services for any and all applications.
1. Assists in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System.
2. Assists users in defining needs. Communicates as directed with vendors and information services to resolve problems and provide feedback for improvements as part of normal operation. Identifies characteristics of problems.
3. Configures existing systems to meet the requirements of the associated operational requirements and/or is able to alter operations to meet the capabilities of an existing system. Participates in testing existing and new systems to verify correct functionality.
4. Formulates/defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex application problems, considering radiology equipment capabilities and limitations, and form of desired results. In collaboration with vendors and information services, defines formal system tests for new and existing systems to ensure correct functionality. Acts as principal liaison between all levels of users and vendors
5. Installs equipment as directed in coordination with information services, facilitating workstation configuration, equipment transportation, etc.
6. Monitors and maintains aspects of the application relative to image acquisition, delivery, storage and interpretation.
7. Provides User training for physicians, technologists and other staff, providing tips and techniques of using systems applications for desired results. Assists with workflow modifications.
● Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
● If completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program: ARRT Certification. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or Bioengineering: Two (2) years recent experience in in Radiologic Sciences working with Radiology Information Systems and PACS.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years recent radiology information systems administration experience.
● If completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program: Six (6) years recent experience in Radiologic Sciences working with Radiology Information Systems and PACS.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Diagnostic Imag
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.