Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30455
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
***This position qualifies for a $4,000 commitment incentive, paid over a three (3) year commitment. Payment of $1,000 will be made within the first thirty (30) days of employment. The remaining will be paid after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/revenue-cycle-commitment-incentive-program ***
Processes and maintains patient medical records including filing, retrieving and distributing medical documents and reports according to established priorities and procedures in a medical records department.
1. Creates and distributes reports pertaining to the completion of medical record information within the paper and electronic record systems.
2. Maintains record filing and electronic systems in accordance with established procedures and regulations. Assures that duplicate medical record numbers are merged in all systems, and similar patient account related issues are investigated and resolved. Assure that documents that need to be modified are done accurately and timely. Merges temporary folders and repair charts.
3. Monitors, reconciles, and audits paper based and electronic medical records. Prepares and batches, indexes, analyzes for quality and modifies medical records for the purpose of maintaining a reliable electronic health record. Analyzes all inpatient and ambulatory documentation for chart completion.
4. Processes and provides accurate information to internal and external customers by telephone, email, fax, in-person and regular mail
5. Retrieves, delivers and coordinates the delivery of patient medical records to clinical areas by coordinating records for pre-scheduled visits, day operation visits, release of information requests, research requests and daily add-ons. Charging these records to the specific locations through the Health Care System and assuring they arrive in a timely manner.
● High School diploma or GED
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HIM Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.