Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 34576
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as Nursing Home Administrator for a skilled nursing facility. Oversees all operational activities for the facility to include human resources management, budget and finance, facilities management, and all licensure requirements.
1. Plans, organizes and manages overall programs and activities for service. Directs the integration of services within department and throughout the organization.
2. Develops and operationalizes plan(s) for assigned services. Manages and leads teams to achieve targeted results.
3. Completes budgets and submits for approval for assigned service. Recommends types and amount of resources required.
4. Approves and oversees the allocation of resources based upon organizational, divisional and departmental goals and objectives for services. Assists managers with accounting for their assigned budgets. Reports variances and takes corrective action.
5. Monitors operations, culture, and work environment for services. Holds direct reports accountable for same as appropriate.
6. Reviews and reports financial and operational data evaluating quality of service, workload, revenue and expenses. Takes corrective action.
7. Directs quality control and performance management and improvement activities within the departments.
8. Develops plans and feasibility analyses for expansion/change in services or activities. Prepares and submits recommendations for facility plans.
9. Negotiates for Rex Healthcare as appropriate including preparing and monitoring contracts.
10. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care or service based on established regulatory, professional and organizational standards within the context of the operating vision at Rex.
● Master’s degree (M.A., M.S.) or equivalent; or four to ten years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Must be licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator. Prefer candidates with an RN license.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Master's Degree, requires four years of related experience and training.
● With a Bachelor's Degree, requires eight years of related experience and training.
● With an Associate's Degree, requires sixteen years of related experience and training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publications that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: MNC Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.