Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 30885
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The Clinical Informatics Pharmacist is responsible for effective process design, development, and support of clinical information systems associated with pharmacy ordering, administration and documentation. Demonstrates independent decision making as appropriate in evaluation of requests for system improvements and determines feasibility and advisability of system changes using process improvement methods. Collaborates with clinicians, leadership, and vendors to ensure quality patient care and effective system operations.
This position is part of the Epic Willow team.
1. Communicates on a regular basis with Pharmacy Management regarding updates on projects, timeliness, and issues and provides recommendations to improve systems.
2. Ensures compliance and uses change management process and procedures to ensure changes are fully tested and approved for production use.
3. Evaluates, coordinates and tests all system changes and updates, understanding their impact medication safety, Pharmacy practice and efficiencies and their impact on other systems.
4. Maintains current knowledge of technology and healthcare environment by attending appropriate continuing education offerings and reading related materials Stays informed of industry trends and proposed future state through vendor contracts and participation in Pharmacy professional groups.
5. On call 24/7, responds to call within a 15 minute time frame and appropriately handles or escalates the call.
6. Participates with clinical teams and other system implementations as needed related to Nursing-Pharmacy issues and medication safety. Champions patient medication safety through use of technology.
7. Responsible for maintenance and build of clinical and formulary information in Pharmacy information and automation systems along with assuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
8. Responsible for table file build, routine order set management, system set-up procedures, and ongoing maintenance and support of all Pharmacy systems and the integration with automation and other clinical applications.
● Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
● Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist and eligible to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of pharmacist experience.
● If a Pharm.D. degree: No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledge and understanding of medical informatics. Knowledge of pharmacy department workflow related to ordering, dispensing, administering and documenting medications. Knowledge of related health information systems specifically electronic medical records.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Clinical Systems
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.