Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33737
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Technicians are responsible for ensuring safe delivery, providing setup, and education in usage of home medical equipment for our patients. Setup is done in their home, long-term care setting, clinic or any location deemed necessary to service patients.
1.Develop and maintain working knowledge of current Home Medical Equipment products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations.
2. Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures.
3. Manage territory to reach service goals and provide high level instruction and set up of equipment including oxygen therapy, hospital beds, suction machines, phototherapy lights, bath safety aids, walking aids, wheelchairs, patient lifts and routine supply deliveries as required in accordance with industry standards.
4. Educate customers in proper use and care of Home Medical Equipment in a home setting.
5. Complete new patient paperwork and delivery tickets with minimal errors and timely submission back for processing.
6. Delivers all orders in a timely, accurate manner.
7. Promote services and products to referral sources in the community as appropriate.
8. Assist with implementation of quality improvement programs to meet company policies.
9. Maintain home oxygen systems through regularly scheduled visits to customers.
10. Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
11. Safely drive and maintain company vehicle.
12. Perform patient assessment and re-assessment for patient care.
13. Perform routine preventative maintenance and simple repairs on equipment as required in accordance with company policies.
14. Report equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in accordance with company policies and procedures.
15. Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
16. Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the guidelines of HIPAA.
17. Completes assigned compliance training and other educational programs as required.
18. Other duties as assigned.
● High School Graduate or equivalent. Associates Degree in related field desirable.
● NC Driver's License required. Appropriate driving record required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year delivery experience. Home Medical Equipment delivery experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
● Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 85 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 pounds Must be able to stretch, bend, stoop and crouch and perform moderate to heavy physical labor while moving equipment and supplies
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: UNCHCS HomeCare HME
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.