Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 32023
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC REX Post Anesthesia Care Unit is divided into two units: PACU East has 22 PACU bays and 8 OR Holding bays and PACU West with 13 Phase I bays and 20 Phase II bays. In PACU cases include orthopedics, neuro, thoracic, general, bariatrics, plastic, urology and endoscopy. In addition to routine surgical anesthesia recovery on adult and pediatric populations, the PACU provides services for the recovery of medical diagnostic procedures. Nurses in PACU recover complex cases with a passionate team of professionals. Our PACU’s are true multidisciplinary units, where specialties of anesthesiology, surgery, and critical care can intersect and confer about complex perioperative clinical issues in surgical patients.
Responsible for assisting the professional caregiver in the delivery of patient care, transporting patient and/or equipment, setting up and maintaining patient rooms and performing a wide range of clerical, transcription, and maintenance of the patient care unit desk area functions.
1. Assists physicians and other health care providers with routine examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment and supplies.
2. Critically reviews patient care documentation making note of any significant changes in the patient's condition and make an immediate report to a registered nurse or physician.
3. Provides a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to organizing and prioritizing workload, greeting and directing visitors, researching information as requested by nurses and physicians, reviewing orders for logic and clarity, revising orders as requested by the nurse, answering the telephone/ patient call lights, transcribing physician orders, and maintaining medical records. Performs routine quality assurance audits, safety checks, and inventory of supplies. Provides administrative and clerical support including PI audits and data entry.
4. Provides clinical support assistance to include, but not limited to, cleaning the work area, maintaining office equipment, troubleshooting common software and hardware problems, changing linens, checking supply inventory, re-stocking supplies, transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, and assisting in the orientation of new employees and students.
5. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of care activities such as bathing, dressing, feeding, assisting with ambulation. Measures and records vital signs, and patient height and weight. May be responsible for specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of motion exercises, and/or postural drainage.
6. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered nurse or physician and document patient understanding of instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the request of patients and/or health care providers
● High School diploma or GED
● Listed as Nurse Aide I Registry with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience and six (6) months of related nursing assistant experience, which may include a nursing assistant course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Must be fluent in verbal and written English language. Capability to develop computer skills if not competent.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Post Anesthesia Care West
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.