Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 34787
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Temporary Full Time
Join our ONE Great Team! UNC Health was recently named a Top 150 Places to Work in healthcare by Becker's Healthcare. UNC Rex Healthcare was named #7 Best Hospital for Nurses to Work by NurseJournal.org. Join our award winning team as a traveler.
Visit jobs.unchealthcare.org for more information and apply today!
Non - Benefits Eligible Option
Agreement duration is 13 weeks - (with the ability for one 13 week renewal). Eligible for 403b teammate contribution.
Hourly Rates :- $50/hr
Benefits Eligible Option
Agreement duration is 26 weeks. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision and 403b teammate contribution.
Hourly Rates: $40/hr
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
1. SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST I-A (New Hire/Novice) 1. New graduate with up to 12 months of full-time equivalent experience.
2. Perform all responsibilities in a manner that demonstrates Service Excellence towards patients, physicians, peers and other departments. Assume responsibility for upholding the policies and procedures of the department and organization.
3. Demonstrates eagerness to learn, takes direction, adapts to changes within unit, and demonstrates consistent progress toward Surgical Technologist 1-B.
4. Establishes and maintains sterile field and assures team maintains sterile environment. Demonstrate and practice a good understanding of sterile technique.
5. Has a basic knowledge of instrumentations. Prepare Operating Room with appropriate instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
6. Demonstrates correct and safe instrumentation passing and performs sponge, needle and instrument counts in a safe and accurate manner according to established policy.
7. Maintain technical skills to serve a patient population composed of infancy to geriatric clients.
8. Take calls and rotate shifts as required under the direction of a registered nurse.
9. Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment, and often without relief.
10. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy relating to the surgical procedure and the instrumentation required in order to effectively anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
11. Ability to set priorities and respond appropriately to actual and/or potential life threatening situations.
● Requires High School Diploma. Graduation from a Surgical Technology program.
● BLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Surgical Technologist I-A: Entry level position for new graduates of Surgical Technology program or Surgical Technologists with less than twelve (12) months of outside experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex OR East
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.