Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34859
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The HCS Operational Project Manager is responsible for leading major system-wide operational projects for UNC Health Care with a focus on improving patient communications and scheduling workflows. This position directs and manages project development from beginning to end and ensures the project is completed successfully within the given deadline and budget. The HCS Operational Project Manager defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support system-wide business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. The position develops full-scale system-level project plans, financial plans, quality audit follow ups, and associated communications documents. This role will work collaboratively with a variety of entities, administrative individuals, teams, groups or physicians, clinicians and executives to implement these strategies creating a culture of high performance.
1. Confidentiality - Handles confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with Privacy & Health Care System requirements.
2. Customer Focus - Creates and maintains a customer focused work environment that attracts and retains high caliber employees. Coaches and mentors employees in such a way as to obtain superior organizational engagement and performance. Monitors and evaluates performance and strives to ensure that all employees are treated fairly with compassion and respect.
3. HCS Operational Project Management - Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of system-wide projects ensuring consistency with UNC Health Care?s strategy, commitments and goals. Develops project plans, goals, and budgets identifies resources needed, develops schedules and methods for measuring results while maintaining optimum working relationships with all UNCH facilities.
4. Problem Solving - Analyzes and resolves complex issues, develops policies & procedures that maximize efficiency necessary to carry out co-locations and integrations. Ensure all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfy internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors operating and capital budget.
5. Process Improvement - Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement, and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating win-win solutions.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services Organization
Unit: Care Access - Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job Location of
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.