Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33653
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs environmental, equipment and supply maintenance services for Operating Rooms, assists in transportation of patients to and from the Operating Rooms and other duties as specified by licensed personnel
1. Changes mop water, mop, and cleans mop room and hallways, and maintains sub-sterile and scrub sink areas per policy and procedure.
2. Communicates with RN circulator and OR schedule coordinator to plan transport, assistance with positioning and holding limbs for surgical site prep. Assists with other patient care activities as assigned by circulator.
3. Obtains case needs for each OR suite including positioning aids, equipment, and room supplies. Obtains linen cart and distributes linens. Checks and restocks warmers throughout shift. Obtains bed from floor or ICU. Obtains clean patient stretcher with clean linens, IV pole, oxygen tank with adequate oxygen level. Obtains blood, blood products and medications from appropriate location. Stocks OR suites.
4. Transports specimens, blood and blood products to and from laboratories.
● High School diploma or GED
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A combination of prior training and/or experience that provides the ability to perform the assigned tasks.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Anesthesia
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.