Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33143
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Rex is searching for an Ambulatory Oncology Pharmacist Practitioner to start a new practice in our brand new Rex Oncology Center. This position will work with providers in a generalist oncology model to develop and independent practice and support oral oncolytics. The successful candidate will work with pharmacy leadership and onsite oncologists to become a Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) which will allow for independent practice and prescribing authority in an approved scope.
Summary:A Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner (CPP) functions as part of the interdisciplinary healthcare team in accordance with privileges approved by the credentialing committee to provide high quality, cost effective care to patients in collaboration with a supervising physician and healthcare team.
1. Clinical Responsibilities: Builds a clinical practice that collaborates with physicians and providers to care for clinic patients. Works closely with clinic physicians and providers to determine appropriate treatment plans. Provides longitudinal dosing and monitoring of appropriate regimens. Aligns daily practice with medication management goals set forth by the institution or pharmacy director, including medication use evaluations and medication reconciliation. Educates patients and families about their treatment plans and subsequent medication management including lab monitoring. Educates staff on guideline updates and practice advancements associated with this patient population. Manages toxicities and adverse effects caused by medication regimens for patients seen in the clinic. Manages transitions of care for patients from the acute to ambulatory care setting and vice versa.
2. Distributive Responsibilities: Identifies and enrolls eligible patients in specialty pharmacy services including UNC SSC Pharmacy, and serves as a contact for the clinic. Aligns daily responsibilities to support retail distributional operations. Conducts patient onboarding and follow-up phone calls to support Pharmacy Adherence Centered Therapy (PACT). Coordinates with the UNC SSC Pharmacy and the UNC Medication Assistance Program (MAP).
3. Precepting/Teaching/Scholarly activities: Educates UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy students and UNC Medical Center pharmacy residents on experiential rotations. Educates clinic staff on guideline updates and practice advancements. Serves as a standing committee member on select groups of committees within UNC Medical Center and/or Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Designs and implements projects. Conducts research; prepares and submits manuscripts for publication.
4. Leadership: Provides instruction to physicians, nurses, ancillaries, residents and/or students including but not limited to precepting, shadowing, lectures, in-services and CE. Develops programs/lectures and participates in community outreach programs. Leads quality improvement initiatives.
5. Quality: Engages in continuous quality improvement by identifying and implementing processes for improvement. Consults with management in assessment, problem-solving, decision-making, and evaluating clinical/system issues and models of care. Develops new clinical programs or services within the clinic/department to improve patient care.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● CPP must by a registered Pharmacist and licensed CPP in the state of NC. Credentialing and Privileging must be completed through the appropriate UNC HCS accrediting body as an APP prior to start date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● North Carolina registered Pharmacist:. BS Pharmacy or Pharm D. BPS Certification or Geriatric Certification or ASHP residency program + 2 years of experience
● North Carolina Registered Pharmacist:. Pharm D. 3 years experience. 1 certificate program
● North Carolina Registered Pharmacist:. BS Pharmacy. 5 years experience. 2 certificate programs
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Oncology Infusion Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.