Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 25518
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This full time position is in a specialty area of lymphedema and oncology rehabilitation. The position is part of an outpatient specialty services team that focuses on pelvic health and lymphedema physical therapy. The ideal candidate has had student clinical fieldwork or work experience in oncology rehab; completion of lymphedema coursework/certificate preferred. Work schedule is flexible.
1. Contributes to various interdisciplinary team meetings to plan for patient needs, discuss family education plans, and discharge plans.
2. Precepts PT technicians or other physical therapist assistants and evaluate the learner's competency per department guidelines.
3. Documents patient treatment and progress toward goals. Completes department records for billing and statistics.
4. Instructs physical therapy and physical therapist assistant students.
5. Provides skilled physical therapy treatments to a wide variety of patients. Designs and teach exercise program to meet PT goals. Fits and teaches patient to use ambulatory devices including braces, walkers, canes, crutches safely to negotiate stairs, curbs, and unlevel ground. Teaches patient airway clearance techniques and perform chest PT procedures. Instructs patient and family in home exercises, ambulation, and use of adaptive equipment for discharge.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director
● Graduation from an accredited two-year Physical Therapy Assistant program.
● Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant by the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC Therapy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.