Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34766
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Provides quality and organizational excellence through support of process improvement initiatives. Utilize quality and process improvement tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and enhance operations. This will be a hybrid position
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job
1. Customer Service-Displays a genuine interest in user's issues and willingness to get involved. Responds promptly and provides frequent updates to keep the user informed of status. Uses diplomacy when saying "no" or redirect when appropriate without causing distress.
2. Measurement & Analysis Identifies a business or process problem and options for solving problem (root causes). Applies analytical skills to process problem and report results. Measures and evaluates process improvement initiatives. Reports information necessary to inform decision makers. Utilizes basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and maintains awareness of advanced topics.
3. Problem Solving & Implementation-Develops recommendations with supporting facts for best course of action. Understands and applies structured, modular and multi-phased methods for development and implementation of solutions. Strives to reduce complexity in work and implementation. Ensures proper documentation.
4. Project Management-Performs all assigned tasks within scheduled commitments and advises project leader of issues. Active involvement in multiple projects while utilizing time management skills to meet all requirements. Leads internal department projects to successful completion. Participates in work groups and improvement teams.
5. Tools, Methodologies & Technologies-Effectively utilizes new and existing tools, methodologies and technologies to solve business problems and provides solutions that enhance operations, capabilities and competitiveness.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience is required.
● If Associates Degree: Four (4) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong team facilitation, project management, process improvement, data analysis, quality assurance skills.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.