Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34776
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Finance is responsible for proactively leading analysis and providing insights to key stakeholders in support of strategic lines of business. The role provides leadership, analysis, reporting, and general business support for regular financial review processes and works collaboratively with internal customers (including senior management as well as the Executive Team) to properly analyze and interpret financial results compared against budgets and forecasts in accordance with requirements.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Develop methodologies, dashboards, and models for lines of business budgeting and reporting. Generate monthly Journal Entries using internal automated systems. Perform analysis around accuracy and reasonability of the data supporting the JEs.
2. Identify, analyze, and lead productivity initiatives including sourcing, integration, and automation. Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, process improvement programs, and research of various healthcare trends.
3. Manage and develop financial professional teammate(s). Drive the budgeting process based on business metrics and measure the same for Actual vs. Plan.
4. Ensure that monthly / quarterly / annual deadlines are met with respect to financials, budgets and annual audit.
5. Manage expense and headcount reporting, accruals, and establish appropriate accounting for these activities. Assess and analyze progress of business meeting productivity initiatives, report results, recommend course corrections where appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalence.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Five (5) years of progressive experience in budgeting/finance. Proven experience in managing multiple and complex projects. Critical thinking skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Corp Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.