Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 33816
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Commitment Incentive Offerings:
$10,000 paid over a three (3) year commitment period. Payment is spread over a 3-year period in six(6) installments. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work is completed.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides clinical administrative nursing care coordination in support of a patient care area. Duties include one or more of the following care coordination, discharge planning, data analysis and performance metrics, and patient/staff education.
1. Assesses patient status of a specialized population. Rounds with an interdisciplinary health care team to determine patient care needs and coordinate ongoing acute care and long-term needs. Uses expertise and experience in specialty practice to facilitate patient care. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family and health care team to communicate patient care needs including coordination of patient/family care conferences.
2. Collaborates with health care team to provide information and resources to facilitate patient care. Provides inservices and formal presentations to nursing, medical and ancillary staff on topics related to the specialized patient population. Assist staff in the development of patient education materials for the patient population. Perform patient teaching related to specific topics and patient needs. Documents patient teaching in the medical record in the appropriate sections
3. Collects data related to specialized patient population and analyzes for trends. Enters data or coordinates its entry into databases and registries for benchmarking purposes. Participates in performance improvement activities to promote quality patient care. Analyzes data for trends and makes suggestions for revisions to patient care protocols for the patient population. Monitors outcomes of care for patient population and collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team on evaluation of outcomes.
4. Coordinates patient care for post-hospitalization care and discharge planning. Makes referrals to other care providers during acute care episode and for post-discharge care. Communicates discharge needs to interdisciplinary health care team, patient and family. Coordinates appointments with clinics, outside referral sources, home care, durable medical equipment providers and other providers to ensure continuity of care for the patient. Attends care conferences and interdisciplinary care rounds. Documents care planning and communication with health care providers in the medical record.
5. Promotes own professional development through attending inservices and presentations. Keeps current in practice through conferences, reading current literature and research. Role models professional nursing practice to others through use of the nursing process and professional behaviors
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of professional nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Neurology Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.