Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 31755
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops and coordinates the preparation of system or divisional level budgets, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise.
1. Completes and reconciles invoice transactions by comparing and correcting information.
2. Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results. Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances, identifying trends and recommending actions.
3. Develops mechanisms to track business value realization and return on investment for capital projects. Provides technical assistance in the design of cost accounting or reporting systems and related forms and documents.
4. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget. Monitors variances from budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate.
5. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies. May lead Continuous Quality Improvement teams.
6. Performs specific tasks related to rate development, including identifying cost centers and their related expenses, and calculating recovery rates (e.g., recharge, indirect cost).
7. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning and provides findings to management.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in accounting or finance.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in accounting or finance.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in accounting or finance.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High degree of flexibility to meet dynamic institutional needs. Ability to provide excellent customer service under stressful conditions. Possesses excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with Senior Leadership. Ability to understand complex topics with little direction from Senior Leadership.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.