Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 23546
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides connectivity between locations, to datacenters, to hosted and cloud-based enterprise applications, and the Internet. Involved in complex projects and ensures the success of enterprise-level infrastructure rollouts.
1. Document - Document & maintain layers of network architecture and infrastructure components.
2. Implementation - Implement and maintain network infrastructure supporting business-critical systems with an emphasis on redundancy and high availability of network initiatives for the purpose of integrating, upgrading, stabilizing and/or standardizing the UNCHCS networks.
3. Proactive - Capacity planning for application and performance management of the network. Monitor network infrastructure for performance, availability, and security issue or threats.
4. R&D - Participate in product selection, evaluation and deployment of emerging technologies. Stay current on latest networking technology and adhere to design best practices. Researches new technologies, products, tools, and protocols.
5. Support - Functions as a network technical support to UNCHCS and maintains high service levels. Provide Tier II support on network based issues and provide on-call support.
6. Tech Liaison - Interpret business requirements into technical network solutions framework. Produce technical solutions that are aligned to business needs and direction. Liaise with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technology portfolios.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) year of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of experience configuring and managing enterprise class Cisco network systems including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, IOS and NX-OS based platforms.
● Prior experience with Cisco wireless technologies and infrastructure including Light Weight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP), Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless technologies and protocols including 802.11N, 802.11AC, authentication protocols such as 802.1X and WPA2 as well as advanced wireless troubleshooting using management appliances and technologies.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.