Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 31913
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides advanced technical expertise on systems and server administration and maintains multiple operating systems and platforms supporting the health system. Builds, deploys, and documents components of the technology infrastructure specializing in multiple operating systems and platforms supporting the health system.
1. Makes recommendations to management and IT project teams related to any new identified system enhancements. Communicates pro-actively and regularly with management regarding project updates.
2. Monitors system progress during testing and initial production rollout. Gathers, collects, and analyzes data using a variety of tools, develops system interfaces, assesses existing system integration functionality and troubleshooting. Recommends technical improvements if needed. Works effectively with co-workers and vendors to isolate and resolve system problems. Monitors server backups daily for trends, missed files/directories, or any discrepancies.
3. Performs end to end testing of system tools and performance to track high level issues and recommends changes to requirements and procedures. Provides advanced level support in identifying improvements to all of enterprise-wide systems performance and installations.
4. Works directly with the Systems Engineers to develop and modify complex monitoring and utilizing labor-savings to optimize system health-checking, security monitoring, disaster recovery response, and Data Center procedures/processes. Performs and analyzes a variety of testing scripts (including comments regarding purpose, change history, etc.) and modifies as required.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Eight (8) years of relevant experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.