Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 30612
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Works collaboratively to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures.
1. Works collaboratively to ensure accuracy and completeness of scheduled procedures. Consistently obtains accurate demographic information and utilizes system prompts to secure all relevant scheduling information. Requests appropriate comparison films and prior medical records when necessary.
2. Accurately communicates procedure and prep information to patient and physician office staff.
3. Obtains accurate and valid physician orders for all procedures.
4. Consistently achieves productivity and customer satisfaction goals.
5. Distributes updated department schedules in a timely manner. Schedules reflect complete and accurate clinical information.
6. Maintains current clinical knowledge and skills related to diagnostic procedures and scheduling software.
7. Serves as a departmental receptionist and office assistant as needed.
8. Performs Registrations for patients to include contract registration for Managed Care patients and complete registration for Government Payors.
● High School Diploma or GED plus one year of related experience or training required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● CDL License preferred.
● Prefer experience in healthcare setting with exposure to patient registration or scheduling, or insurance authorization processes. Requires exceptional customer service and organizational skills. Medical terminology desired.Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data or information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to develop independent solutions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex H&V Screening & Nutritrion
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 5.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.