Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34307
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates wound, ostomy and continence care throughout inpatient and outpatient areas. Functions primarily as a clinical consultant and provides direct patient care and education to highly complex patients and provides staff educational programs in areas of expertise.
1. Administrative: Updates, revises and maintains ostomy, wound, continence and skin care product formulary in conjunction with Central Distribution and PMC. Evaluates products for their efficacy and cost effectiveness. Stays informed of product innovations from the manufacturers of ostomy, wound, continence and skin care products. Maintain a mechanism for documentation patient caseload. Update and maintain appropriate data collection criteria and tools when appropriate. Maintains and utilizes current documentation standards for ostomy, wound, continence and skin care patients.
2. Clinical Consultant: Serves as consultant to medical staff, physicians and nursing staff for patients with wound, ostomy and continence conditions. Provides assessment and recommendations for wound, ostomy and continence patients. Develops patient plan of care and monitors for effectiveness. Provides patient and family education. Coordinates discharge plans with the provider and case management. Serves as clinical consultant for wound, ostomy, continence and skin care needs for committees, task forces, projects on the unit level, hospital level and healthcare level. Attends professional offerings to further enhance clinical skills and to be current on clinical standards related to wound, ostomy, continence and skin care.
3. Educational Consultant: Provides educational programs for health care providers including nurses, physicians and students in the UNC Health Care system. Provides educational resources to keep staff updated to advances, new policies and procedures related to WOC practices and related quality and patient safety issues. Serves as the clinical expert for orientation material on wound, ostomy and skin conditions for new nursing staff. Serves as a clinical preceptor to nursing and medical staff and students. Serves as a clinical preceptor to WOC Nurse students. Serves as the clinical expert for LMS modules related to WOC Nurse practice. Creates, reviews and revises all procedures and protocols related to WOC nurse practice.
4. Research Participant: Participates in research related to WOC nurse practice including wound, ostomy, skin and continence conditions. Participate in data collection including audits of pressure injuries. Interpretation of data
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing (WOCN) certification must be obtained within 9 months of hire.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Expert level assessment and clinical intervention skills
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wound and Ostomy Program
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.