Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 32998
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Wakefield Wellness Center has a need for a Per Diem Massage Therapist to join their team! The Massage Therapist provides body work therapy to clients within the scope of individual training and certification. Directly reports to the Massage Program Coordinator.
1. Ensures cleanliness of work areas before and after use. Sets up and breaks down work areas and maintains supplies as needed. Immediately cleans up spills. Exercises dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility. Maintains schedule as assigned. Practices universal health care protocol while dealing with clients and coworkers.
2. Explains all procedures to clients in a manner that respects their individual needs and preferences. Maintains client confidentiality at all times--on and off-site. Reports any unusual client interactions to the appropriate manager immediately.
3. Performs health history on new and returning clients prior to each session. Ascertains precautions and contraindications for massage prior to each session. Documents above information on standardized health history forms. Consults with other staff when appropriate to provide continuity of care.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned to ensure that the overall development and functioning of the Wellness Center is maximized. Helps to market massage therapy program through chair massage, leading or participating in massage workshops and helping with promotional ideas and events.
5. Provides safe, appropriate and effective body work therapy to clients of the Wellness Center. Develops individualized body work sessions based on client health history and input. Asks for feedback during session as to depth of work.
● Graduation from an accredited Massage program.
● Licensed by the North Carolina Board of Massage and Body Work Therapy.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires one (1) year massage therapy experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Wellness Center Wakefield
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.