Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 35829
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as primary assistant to a Chair, Vice Chair and Associate Chair. Anticipates needs related to schedules and activities and provides administrative support to fulfill perceived needs.
1. Communicates, follows up and acts as a liaison with department directors regarding project and report data due to Vice President. Ensures agenda, power point and documents for discussion are distributed in advance to meeting attendees. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
2. Screens telephone calls, visitors and appointments. Provides information or refers appropriately. Opens, reads and screens mail addressed to supervisor. Responds to routine correspondence as instructed. Responds to email as instructed.
3. Schedules calendar commitments for directors and executives. Arranges meetings, conferences and travel logistics for executives and officials. Schedules high-level executives.
4. May occasionally assist VPs with directors' budget
5. Organizes supervisor’s files (electronic and paper). Ensures materials are readily accessible and that file maintenance is current. Maintains confidentiality of information.
6. Skilled letter writer for promotion and reference letters within and outside the organization.
● High School diploma or GED (Degree preferred)
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four years of high level administrative/office management experience; preferably in support of a vice-president or president of an organization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Microsoft products: Outlook, Word, Power Point, communication and computer skills, time management, technical skills, calendar management, and meeting planning
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC P&A Surg Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.