Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 22948
Location: Lumberton, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for supervision of a multidisciplinary care team inclusive of RN, LCSW, RD/CDCES members, including oversight of day-to-day care coordination services, participation in hiring and training of qualified staff, and involvement in the annual performance evaluation process. Identifies and addresses barriers to care and efficient workflows. Develops collaborative relationships with the care team to facilitate improved patient outcomes.
**This supervisor position will be located in the Lumberton and Fayetteville areas, and will support embedded staff for the UNC Southeastern practices.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, staff, self and others.
2. Supervises and coordinates clinical services delivered by RN, LCSW, and RD/CDCES team members.
3. Establishes efficient workflows and addresses barriers to implementation.
4. Promotes an environment of patient and staff advocacy, supports shared decision making, and the use of decision aids where applicable through a leadership lens.
5. Utilizes population management data and resources to identify at risk patients, provide education and remove barriers to achieve program initiatives and goals.
6. Monitors outcomes and works collaboratively with the team to optimize population health services.
7. Facilitates training of multidisciplinary care management staff on a variety of topics, including comprehensive assessment, disease prevention and health maintenance, establishing self-management goals, and navigating the health care system.
8. Responsible for enforcing productivity and quality targets of frontline team members.
9. Establishes appropriate standards for documentation in the patient's electronic medical record, monitors compliance and provides feedback and training. 1
0. Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, performance improvement, and patient engagement. Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and evidenced based guidelines.
11. Participates in annual performance evaluation to support employee performance feedback.
● Requires Bachelor's degree
● Appropriate licensure for field of study
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three (3) years of clinical experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting caring for patients with complex medical conditions required. Experience leading or participating on a multidisciplinary team required. Experience in care management, utilization review, quality management preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.