Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 22954
Location: Pembroke, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 providers by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with providers, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to coordinate evidence based medical nutrition therapy that is integrated and compatible with the patient focused medical goals. Primary responsibilities include application of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP), through nutrition/malnutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, interventions, monitoring and evaluating of the patient's progress. The Clinical Dietitian uses practice-specific dietetics as available and evidence based practice protocols/nutrition practice guidelines to help determine nutrition intervention. The Clinical Dietitian performs business functions, such as management of resources in a cost-effective manner, and participates in compliance and quality performance improvement efforts to ensure that nutrition care is safe and effective. The Clinical Dietitian also may be involved in community-based nutrition programs and maintains professional competency and skills required for professional practice. The Clinical Dietitian precepts interns, supports and trains clinical dietitians in the core behaviors and responsibilities of the department and organization.
** The RD for this position will be embedded in the UNC Health and Specialty Care at Pembroke and UNC Health Family Med at Grays Creek in Pembroke and Lumberton, NC and qualifies for a $500 sign on bonus.**
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self, and others.
2. Maintains compliance with established UNC policies and procedures.
3. Provides nutritional and behavioral education to patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and obesity. Utilizes motivational interviewing skills to provide nutrition counseling, identify barriers, and work with the patient to establish mutually agreeable self-management goals.
4. Maintains current knowledge and skills, and practices to the full scope of licensure of a Registered Dietitian.
5. Participates in QI initiatives. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to manage populations, improve patient accountability and outcomes.
6. Achieves established productivity targets for billed nutrition visits.
7. Maintains compliance with governmental and private insurance billing and reimbursement guidelines.
8. Participates in the training of clinical nutrition intern students by acting as preceptor throughout the year as assigned.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior experience may be waived for specific positions. Additional experience may be required for specific positions. UNCMC Cardiac Rehab: Two(2) years as a clinical dietitian in a cardiac rehabilitation program or outpatient cardiology clinic.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● • Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process and ability to apply all steps of the process.
• Knowledge and application of medical nutrition therapy.
• Understands and can implement Motivational Interviewing
• Critical thinking to integrate facts, informed opinion, active listening, and observations.
• Decision making, problem solving, and collaboration.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, hospital and medical staff, and physicians.
• Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units.
• Ability to counsel and educate others.
• General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: Pop Health-UNCPN Care Mgmt
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.