Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 32327
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Lactation Services is seeking a full time Certified Lactation Consultant to work 36 hours/week. IBCLC is REQUIRED.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides clinical assessment, care, support and education to breastfeeding mothers within both the inpatient and outpatient setting, and collaborate with nursing and medical staff regarding the care of the breastfeeding mother and baby.
1. Assesses the adequacy of breastfeeding and provides interventions and education as necessary for correction and/or prevention of feeding problems for breastfeeding babies and mothers.
2. Assists mothers of infants who cannot breastfeed to establish and maintain a milk supply and store their milk appropriately.
3. Collaborates with the infant's or mother's primary care provider and hospital or clinic staff as needed to implement feeding interventions to meet the infant's and/or mother's medical needs.
4. Provides education and training regarding breastfeeding to patients, hospital staff and regional areas.
5. Provides post discharge support of breastfeeding for patients through telephone consultation, clinical visits, and consultation with the primary care provider of the mother or infant.
● Associate's degree in Nursing, Public Health, Education or related field.
● Certified Lactation Consultant by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLE).
● BLS certification as of date of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Associate's degree, Six (6) months of experience in breastfeeding and lactation support is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Lactation Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.