Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 23597
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
*This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals – Support Services Commitment Incentive program, which includes $1,500 paid over a two (2) years. Equal payments will be made every six (6) months of employment from their start date during the two (2) year commitment. Learn more about the incentive program here: https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-support-services-commitment-incentive-program
Our Nutrition and Food Services team are true culinary professionals within an award-winning, nationally recognized healthcare system. As a valued member of the UNC Health family, our Nutrition an Food team helps to provide top quality Carolina Care, fueling our patients, their families, and our own employees. Our recipe for career success is reflected within our organizational values and what we can offer our team members. Offering a full comprehensive benefits package with up to 5 weeks of paid time off accrued annually, tuition assistance, and highly competitive starting wages. We offer higher hourly wage incentives for those that work night shifts and for prior relevant experience. See yourself at UNC Health and join our One great team!
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position works to ensure that patients receive accurate, efficient and satisfactory delivery of adequate nutrition. Will be a direct liaison to appropriate department areas in regards to patient satisfaction. This position also assists higher-level personnel in preparing and maintaining a clean work area Work is reviewed for adherence to sanitary standards and completion of assignments.
1. Assists with food preparation in any of the following areas bake shop, salad unit, vegetable prep, cook's unit, bulk and between meal nourishments. Assists with tray preparation during meal service hours.
2. Carries items from storeroom to kitchen and transfers food to appropriate areas.
3. Communicates with patients regarding their diets as requested by a Dietetic Technician or Clinical Dietitian. Takes patients? food preferences or records calorie count information.
4. Delivers and picks up menus for patients receiving modified and regular diets. Assists patients in completing their individual menus.
5. Delivers food trays and nourishments to patients. Records snack information in computerized system. Assists with early and late food tray deliveries in a timely manner. Assists with dirty food tray removal from nursing units.
6. Enters menu, snack, room and related information into computerized system updates production tallies. Prints meal tickets.
7. Maintains compliance with JCAHO, State Health Department, and OSHA regarding on-going required job training and health standards. Uses proper protocol to prevent contamination.
8. Performs quality assurance activities such as monitoring Satisfaction Surveys.
● High School diploma or GED or the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
● If Bachelor's degree, no experience is required.
● If Associate's degree, six (6) months of experience with food service or customer service experience OR hospital clinical dietetics
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Patient Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.