Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 32691
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
We are seeking a Director of Perioperative Services for the Hillsborough Campus.
Hillsborough Services: General Surgery, GYN, Urology, XI & SI Robot, Orthopedics: Total joints (hips, knees, shoulders), Sports Ortho, Neuro & Orthopedic Spine, Ophthalmology & GIHBR. OR has 8 rooms running from 7a-5:30p, with 3 "late" rooms until 7:30pm.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for the overall management of health system Perioperative Services including the units of Pre, Intra, Postoperative and Support services. Responsibilities include assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of care and services delivered, ensuring quality programs and patient safety. In addition, this position is responsible for activities relating to revenue generation, operational analysis, financial analysis, problem resolution, personnel management and performance improvement.
1. Budget Management - Effectively uses information to establish and meet budgetary program goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
2. Collaboration - Collaborates with physician colleagues and other health system staff to provide exceptional patient care and customer service.
3. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction.
4. Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals.
5. Perioperative Services Management - Responsible for directing Perioperative functions including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of patient care delivered, ensuring quality programs and patient safety. Directs, coordinates, and administers the operations and activities of the department in order to effectively achieve the organization?s established goals. Assesses and evaluates care/services provided, staffing levels, competence, and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinates and controls resources.
6. Quality of Care - Assures development and implementation of outcomes management and associated performance targets, including but not limited to patient satisfaction surveys and continuing education. Monitors variances and recommends and implements corrective action.
7. Strategic Planning - Leads the overall vision, mission, direction, goals and objectives of the department. Directs the strategic planning process, establishes and achieves long range goals, and ensures the implementation of strategic business plans.
● Master's degree in Nursing or related field; Applicant
must have a Bachelor's and Master's
Degree, at least one of which is in Nursing (if BSN is held degree, Master's in
Education, Healthcare Admin, or other applicable field required).
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Certification in NE-BC or NEA-BC or CNOR preferred; must obtain professional certification in administrative or clinical area within one year of hire.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of Perioperative experience with three (3) years of OR experience required.
● Two (2) years of Perioperative management experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: Operating Room HBO H
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.