Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33716
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of a program or an administrative official in carrying out departmental financial and operating procedures and/or a program's administrative activities.
1. Participates in various aspects of credentialing for physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals joining the Rex Medical Staff.
2. Maintains credentialing database (Echo).
3. On-boards new providers on staff to ensure a timely start date, including Identification Badge, Identity Proofing, securing provider logins/passwords for Epic (electronic medical record) access.
4. Processes provider reappointment packets and scans into electronic credentials file in Echo database.
5. Assists with creation/maintenance of Emergency Department Unassigned Call Schedule.
6. Works closely with Medical Staff leadership and Medical Staff Department Chairs.
7. Manage collection of annual Medical Staff dues.
8. Works on other projects as assigned.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Associate's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
●The preferred candidate would have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented and have the ability to set workload priorities and flex from one project to another
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Medical Staff Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.