Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 34037
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Pharmacy Pediatrics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.