Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 30823
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Equity & Inclusion is committed to creating an inclusive, equitable culture for the health and well-being of our patients, teammates, and communities. When we achieve equity, all people across the state of North Carolina and others we serve, will benefit from a more just, equitable health care system.
With a solid understanding of the operations, business practices, strategies, cultural sensitivity and goals of the system this position is responsible for providing executive level support to UNC Health Care System Equity & Inclusion Department. Reporting to the Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, this position will be responsible for providing leadership to manage effective systems and protocols and serves as the primary interface for the Equity and Inclusion Leadership Team
1. Provides research and analysis to prepare briefing materials for the Equity and Inclusion Leadership Team. Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
2. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries regarding system operations, policies, and procedures. Forward situations and issues to the appropriate staff members for resolution.
3. Performs and/or oversees a wide range of special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation.
4. Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine & non-routine issues internally and externally, requiring a high degree of discretion and diplomacy and time sensitivity. Understands the systems goals and priorities of the executive, in order to prioritize issues according to urgency.
5. Supports Equity & Inclusion with the planning, implementation and evaluation of special observances and events.
6. Assists the Manager of the System Executive DEI Council with the planning and preparations for each Council meeting. May be assigned to one of the specific standing committees of the DEI Executive Council as lead administrative staff, reporting to the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer.
7. Plans, coordinates and ensures the Equity and Inclusion Leadership Team’s schedules are followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive's time and office. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the Chief, Equity & Inclusion Officer, some of which may have organizational impact.
8. Prepares and edits complex presentations, charts, and other written correspondence that best depicts content of intended message to internal and external stakeholders.
9. Supervises clerical and communications staff. Trains staffs on tasks and ensures they are trained for their specific roles. Coordinates job rotation and cross-training. Helps team understand performance targets and goals.
10. May be charged with handling sensitive/confidential information.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
● If High School or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Advanced proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word preferred.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Divers Equity and Inclusion
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.