Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36384
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This is a Cash Posting position – This Revenue Cycle Representative will be a member of the cash posting team. This position will be responsible for performing a variety of complex electronic and manual posting functions from third party payers and patients. This position handles a large volume of manual and electronic transactions on a daily basis. Successful candidates will be able to work independently, are well organized, and have strong attention to detail. This position primary works remotely with expectations of coming on-site as needed.
• Electronically load 835 files to patient accounts and manually work exceptions.
• Manually post third party payments to patient accounts ensuring correct insurance payer and any patient liability.
• Reconcile daily work posted against deposits received to ensure accuracy.
• Apply appropriate denial codes from zero pay remits.
• Add insurance to accounts as needed for proper payment posting.
• Maintain backup for all transfers and refunds on a daily basis.
• Complete daily Excel log for all completed work.
• Research unidentified payments as needed through payer websites, billing system, or phone calls.
• Identify concerns with systems, training or procedures.
• Identify third party payer trends causing account reconciliation issues.
• Work offsets and forward balances.
• Provide assistance on special projects as needed.
• Work as a team member towards common goals.
• Perform any other related duties incidental to the work described above.
● High School Degree
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience in hospital or physician insurance related activities (Authorization, Billing, Follow-Up, Call-Center, or Collections)
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.