Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36728
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the direction of department management and according to policies and procedures as defined in the Department Policy and Procedure Manuals, administers respiratory care procedures and treatments designed to assess, prevent, stabilize or remedy patients' respiratory dysfunction. After completion of orientation, functions independently with minimal supervision.
1. Administers standard Respiratory Care including but not limited to, aerosol medication delivery, basic bedside pulmonary function testing, breathing exercises, oxygen therapy, arterial cannulation and arterial punctures. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways, tracheostomy care, tracheostomy tube changes, endotracheal intubations and extubations. May perform Pulmonary Function Testing as needed.
2. Carolina Air Care - When working with Carolina AIr Care may Transport pediatric and neonatal patients from referral hospitals per UNC Air Care Protocol. May perform respiratory care and advanced practice procedures per UNC Air Care Protocol. These procedures include UAC, UVC, IV insertion, intraoaaeous insertion, Chest Tube insertion, Needle Decompression, ABG?s, Blood Glucose monitoring, and others as deemed necessary by the medical control officer.
3. ECMO When working with ECMO may manage the Extracorporeal circulation for cardiac and respiratory support of patients.
4. May be required to be on-call days, nights, weekends and holidays.
5. May Perform all aspects of ventilator care to include, but not limited to setting up the ventilator and verifying function using specialized ventilator modes to manage the patients disease process. Provide for an appropriate monitoring of these patients and provide appropriate weaning techniques.
6. Maintains and improves job knowledge and skills. Serves as resource to other staff reflective of experience level. Serves as resource for physicians and other UNCHCS staff. Aids in training new staff members, students and new physicians. Provides in-services as required. May assume Charge Therapist responsibilities.
7. Records completely all pertinent information pertaining to patient care procedures per hospital and departmental policies. Records patient information in electronic medical record system.
● Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registry eligible by the National Board of Respiratory Care (CRT or RRT). Must be registered (CRT or RRT) within 6 months of hire. BLS on hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiopulmonary Serv
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.