Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33675
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of a program or an administrative official in carrying out departmental financial and operating procedures and/or a program's administrative activities.
1. Administers a department or program budget, including participating with management in the development of budgets and establishing fiscal goals and objectives. Monitors a variety of accounts, analyzes budgetary trends, prepares fiscal reports used by management in strategic planning. Advises supervisor on budgetary matters.
2. Develops and/or revises work procedures and methods, including necessary forms design, trains employees in work procedures.
3. May supervise subordinate group of employees in administering program activities to include selection, training, evaluating, counseling and disciplining as delegated.
4. Performs departmental or program purchasing administrative functions to include researching and recommending supplies and equipment to supervisor, expediting purchase orders and requisitions, and approving operational expenditures.
5. Performs space allocation functions to include researching and recommending space reallocation, addition and renovation to supervisor, recommending vendors, and monitoring projects.
6. Serves as a resource for management and employees in the interpretation and application of a variety of policies and procedures. Refines, develops, implements and communicates departmental and health care system policies and procedures to employees. Investigates and resolves matters regarding specific operating problems.
7. Serves as human resources representative by ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures, and serving as liaison with Human Resource Services for recruitment, retention, classification, compensation, and employee relations issues.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Associate's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Transplant Program Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.