Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36942
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for managing a wide range of complex, confidential, and administrative duties for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of UNC Health. Oversees the planning, coordinating, and directing of activities associated with the overall operation of the CEO. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in matters of importance and ensures the general operations of the Chief Executive are functioning efficiently and at maximum capacity.
1. Develops operating procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient operations relating to the System CEO, as well as provides general administrative support to the Chief System Initiatives Officer.
2. Provides supervision and general project management for special requests by the CEO or other executives and ensures appropriate follow through actions. Collaborates with other team members in the planning and development of internal and external projects.
3. Represents CEO with internal and external stakeholders, including public officials, community leaders, and the general public. Liaises with Board of Trustee members, legislative officials, executives, and board members on behalf of the CEO.
4. Ensures alignment with organization policy and defined regulations through the effective management in scheduling offsite travel, meeting agenda, and presentations. Manages and maintains the calendar for the CEO, obtaining and providing needed information and preparation for scheduled appointments.
5. Develops presentations, to include general preparation, identifying resources, collateral and presentation materials, equipment needs, producing communications and presentations.
6. On behalf of CEO, prepares correspondence and other material requiring considerable judgment while maintaining confidentiality. Gathers and reports on defined executive operational metrics.
7. Participates in Executive and Leadership Team meetings through the preparation of agendas, packets, documents and general record keeping. Develops documents and communication for various requests, reports, letters and resolving routine problems.
8. Performs Human Resource oriented tasks, including participating in the hiring process, training of new employees, ongoing training of other employees.
9. Organizes and maintains contracts and other essential documents for UNC Health.
10. Supervises administrative staff within the executive suite.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree preferred.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of administrative or project management support at the senior executive level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Core-Competencies: ability to manage sensitive and confidential information at the highest standards, Communication Skills, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Skills, Functional & Technical Expertise.
● Ability to work autonomously and with senior executive and c-suite leaders. Strong Execution Mind-set. Very organized, process orientation. Bias towards action and sense of urgency. Focus on continuous improvement. Enjoys and takes pride in organizing and prioritizing multiple work streams.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.