Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 31024
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assists with equipment management, patient transport, performance improvement activities and identifies and monitors patient rhythms and monitors and interprets EKGs.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Assists with equipment management: troubleshooting, and routing for repair. Ensures availability of ultrasound devices IABP etc. and prepares for use.
3. Provides transport of patients to and from designated areas within the facility with service excellence and focus to the patient experience. Aids with transfer of patients from wheelchair, bed and stretcher.
4. Assists clinical staff with keeping rooms and central area, neat, clean and orderly, while making sure rooms are stocked with linens/supplies. Assists with inventory and dissemination of supplies.
5. Participates in QA with performance improvement initiatives.
6. Maintains appropriate communication with all coworkers and provides primary SBAR for patient handoff with prep and recovery units.
7. Properly identifies and monitors patient rhythms Monitors and interprets EKGs prior to and during procedures.
8. Uses Epic and Merge to document patients' status, delivery of care, and evaluation of the patient's response to care according to unit specific procedure and established protocols.
9. Assists with diagnostic and interventional procedures including responsibility for sheath pulls and groin management to ensure proper hemostasis.
10. Prepares patients for sterile procedures to include attaching EKGs, BP, pulse oximetry, oxygen and defibrillation pads.
11. Assesses and monitors patients' vitals and status prior to procedures.
● Requires high school diploma or general education diploma.
● Must have BCLS and EMT-P. ACLS required within 90 days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● At least one year of paramedic experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clerical and clinical information and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, physicians, and patients/guests. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10?s and 100?s. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in usually standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Invasive Heart & Vascular
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.