Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34266
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Assesses educational needs for a business unit and creates and presents training programs to meet those needs. Participates in and assists with planning for system wide training programs.
1. Assesses training needs of employees through analysis of reported issues, tracking of business metrics, and external data gathering techniques. Develops training plans/programs based on needs assessments.
2. Assists in developing long and short-term plan for training across all departmental business operations.
3. Composes and develops instructional training, orientation materials, and systems. Develops and maintains internal source of reference documentation for use in providing guidance to users, resolving issues, and future program development.
4. Conducts training and orientation on policies, procedures, systems, and process flow. Trains users on departmental computer applications and their role throughout the business operation. Conducts training sessions for new employees and refresher courses for other employees.
5. Develops and implements the IMPACT Care program. Improves the goals for the year which are expenses and efficiency reduction. Monitors staff actions related to patient care and safety, regulatory or compliance bodies and other relevant indicators of quality. Initiates actions related to interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication to improve patient and staff processes. Incorporates process management in the change process to staff/physicians/ colleagues.
6. Ensures that current standards of practice, compliance, and regulations are met. Ensures compliance with regulatory organizations, such as the JC, AORN, CDC, HHARM.
7. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
8. Provides support functions such as purchasing training materials and systems, maintaining training records, and making logistical arrangements.
9. Use confidentiality when dealing with employees and customers. Expected to safeguard confidential information and only use or disclose it as expressly authorized or specifically required in the course of performing their specific job duties.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of administrative support experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of administrative support experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of administrative support experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt-Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.