Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 37085
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Plans, develops and coordinates the preparation of corporate budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information. Performs complex and specialized assignments in area of expertise. Performs lead role in coordinating complex corporate financial projects.
1. Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures for assigned entity.
2. Develops complex financial reports and analysis for senior management and external agencies. Presents reports to senior entity leadership or committees. Prepares complex charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
3. Maintain communication with assigned entity leaders and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of complex financial reports, to provide information and to resolve complex problems concerning variances from approved budget. Provide technical support to assigned entity regarding budgeting system and procedures. Monitors financial and budgetary trends across entities within the UNC Healthcare System.
4. Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures and prepares detailed reports and analysis on trends. Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned entities. Analyzes and evaluates entity budget requests to prepare budgetary documents, reports, and recommendations. Presents fiscal data of assigned entities at budget hearings. Advises senior leaders on budget trends and issues and variances between System entities.
5. Utilizes various computer financial information systems in the preparation of analysis, evaluation and reports relating to assigned entities. Recommends operational procedures and ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
6. Serves a department lead, mentoring and training lower level staff and assuming responsibility for the most complex budget and financial issues.
● Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master’s degree: Four (4) years of experience in financial analysis or planning.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Eight (8) years of experience in financial analysis or planning.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, analyze and audit data.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Financial Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.