Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 35606
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of administrative functions in support of a program or an administrative official in carrying out departmental financial and operating procedures and/or a program's administrative activities.
UNC Hospitals Audiology is seeking a full-time Admin Coordinator for the UNC Adult Cochlear Implant (CI) Program. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Admin Coordinator to assist with non-billable administrative and clinical tasks to maximize the time and productivity of the clinical audiologists.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● Screening of incoming CI referrals and assisting new patients with scheduling and coordination of appointments across departments for a CI Evaluation
● Coordination and scheduling if integrity testing with CI manufacturers along with clinical research CI subjects with clinical research and clinical teams.
● Triaging of incoming calls/emails from candidates and recipients
● Ordering of cochlear implant literature and compiling information packets for prospective candidates.
● Drafting of letters of medical necessity and ensuring that they get signed by MD and processed by manufacturer
● Ordering of external cochlear implant equipment
● Completion of internal and external CI registration forms
● Processing of incoming external CI equipment (checking in, labeling, scheduling patient for activation)
● Ensuring CI orders are on track and ready for patient's activations or upgrade appointment
● Assist walk in CI patients with troubleshooting of external equipment
● Schedule sign language interpreter, when needed
● Provide care & use instructions to cochlear implant patients
● Cleaning of audiology equipment, booths, and CI rooms between patients
● Management of broken equipment: notifying all staff of issue(s), serving as point person for medical engineering and follow up to ensure that equipment is repaired
● Ensure that patient education materials are stocked and displayed
● Equipment and supply maintenance - assist with inventory of supplies in hearing booths and CI rooms, order supplies while monitoring budget, update status of POs for Purchasing, update POs for new FY budget
● Submit tickets for Cadence, Communications, ISD requests
● Provide clerical support as needed; assist with copying/faxing
● Picking up mail from external, outdoor mailbox daily
● Maintain audiology department files such as price lists, mailing, physician referrals, etc.
● Referral data entry
● Participate in continuing education events, and other training programs to enhance knowledge and ability to perform job responsibilities
● Supervision of Admin Specialists (training of new Audiology support staff, process leave/time off requests)
● Safety Coordinator and point of contact for all building/maintenance issues
● Completion of Environment of Care (EOC) AMP tracing for respective clinic
Hire will have on-the-job training including training with CI manufacturers to learn about CIs and parts, observation of CI activation appointments to learn about how providers counsel patients on use of CI. There may also be opportunity for research activity/publications/outreach events.
●High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Associate's degree, two (2) years of clerical or administrative experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Ability to understand, follow and communication/relate oral and written instructions and pertinent information accurately
● Basic understanding of the needs of the population being served
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, visitors, and other employees
● Must be responsible, organized, detail oriented, and a quick learner
● Must be proficient with computer skills, ability to learn and use UNCH computer system programs
● Strong troubleshooting skills
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Audiology-Carolina Crossing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.