Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36456
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Infection Prevention Nurse is an independently functioning nurse with exceptional knowledge in infection control and hospital epidemiology. They participates in activities related to the prevention and control of nosocomial infections in patients, employees and visitors.
1. Consultation - Serves as consultant/liaison with hospital departments, hospital committees (e.g., Infection Control Committee, Pet Visitation), CQI teams, area health departments. Prepares, reviews and initiates infection control policies as assigned
2. Education - Serves as an educator by developing educational programs and materials for hospital employees regarding infection control policies. Participates in continuing education activities at the department, hospital, state and national level
3. Exposure Work-Up - Evaluates communicable disease exposures within the hospital complex to contain infectious diseases and prevent disease transmission to patients and employees.
4. Investigational Studies--May monitor construction activities to ensure infection control measures are implemented and continued during renovation and construction activities. Participates in the review of hospital construction and renovations to ensure that infection control issues are addressed
5. Outbreak Investigation ? Participates in the evaluation of nosocomial infection outbreaks to detect causes and formulate solutions to improve patient outcomes
6. Quality Assessment? Evaluates new equipment and products to ensure provision of elements necessary to prevent the spread of infection and for adequate disinfections. Performs quality control activities to evaluate the effectiveness of written communication and educational activities related to infection control and established guidelines for antibiotic usage.
7. Surveillance ? Performs ward surveillance, monitors patient isolation/precautions and medical records to determine health care associated infections in order to establish baseline infection rates, detect changing patterns or problems requiring action, communicate pertinent observations to those responsible for patient care, and identify epidemics, clusters of infections, infections due to unusual pathogens.
● Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience in either patient care, infection control, occupational safety or ergonomics.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Risk Mgmt\QA
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.