Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 37300
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Both MTs and MLTs may apply to this job posting
**This is a direct employment opportunity**
Traveler's Support: UNC Rex
Available shift: 9:00pm - 7:30am (7 on 7 off)
MLT Non-Benefits Eligible Option Agreement duration is 13 weeks (with the ability for one 13 week renewal) Hourly Rates: $51/hr
MLT Benefits Eligible Option Agreement duration is 26 weeks (with the ability to renew) Hourly Rates : $41/hr
MT Non-Benefits Eligible Option Agreement is 13 weeks (with the ability of one 13 week renewal) Hourly Rates: $57/hr
MT Benefits Eligible Options Agreement duration is 26 weeks (with the ability to renew) Hourly Rate: $46/hr
Serves as a Temporary Travel Medical Lab Tech to perform beginning level of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
Transfusion Medicine experience is highly preferred.
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting. Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with equipment.
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work area.
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores specimens.
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in maintaining supplies.
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or ordering physician.
● Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
● If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
● If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification (BOC) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Internal Agency Program
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.