Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36046
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Top-ranked in the nation, UNC Family Medicine provides patient-centered primary care, conducts groundbreaking research, cares for communities, and trains the best and the brightest young doctors and primary care providers. We provide full-scope patient care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care, including sports medicine. Our three locations are The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill (central location where we also have an Urgent Care Clinic), The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham, and The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village. We are proud to serve our amazing, diverse UNC community and ALL the people of North Carolina. Learn more at: uncfamilymedicine.org
This position qualifies for a $5,000 commitment incentive, paid in six (6) installments over a three (3) year commitment. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work completed. Learn more here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-medical-center-unc-faculty-physicians-outpatient-commitment-incentive-program
Summary: Provides direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs in accordance with the plan of care, physician's orders, and nursing and department policies and procedures. Patients range in age from neonate to geriatric. Care may be provided in an inpatient setting, ambulatory care, home health, or hospice.
1. Contributes to the development and maintenance of a current, individualized, goal-oriented plan of care and consults with other health professionals to assure that the assessed needs of patient/caregiver are met.
2. Observes, assesses, documents, and reports patient response to treatments/therapies and teaching, and adjusts priorities of care according to patient/caregiver needs. Collects, documents, and reports (to responsible MD or RN) data regarding patient's biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational, and discharge planning needs.
3. Participates in unit, service, and/or department enrichment activities which contribute to positive outcomes such as assigned committees, CQI activities/groups, and the orientation and education of other personnel.
4. Provides a broad range of treatments/therapies to patients including, but not limited to, respiratory treatments, Oral/NG/NT suctioning, and tracheostomy care, administration of medications, observation of cardiac monitors, respirators, etc. and reporting of any changes, assistance to physician with special procedures, monitoring of intravenous infusions, performs point of care testing, performs routine laboratory work, changing/irrigating catheters, specialized sterile dressings, and patient/caregiver teaching based upon the established teaching plan.
5. Provides assistance to patients and families during admission to the clinical area, orientation to the hospital/clinic experience, and discharge.
6. Provides support to patients and families. Verbally de-escalates frightened or potentially aggressive patients. Facilitates age appropriate coping strategies for patients.
● Requires graduation from a state accredited program of practical nurse education including a pharmacology course (or completion of an approved pharmacology course upon graduation) which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the administration of medications required by the work setting
● Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the applicable state (NC or VA). Requires BLS.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.