Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 37490
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of the Wound Center, the Hyperbaric Medical Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Physician. Operates and maintains the hyperbaric chamber, associated systems and equipment. Monitors patient in the hyperbaric chamber while undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Assists in the delivery of patient care appropriate to the level of his/her medical training.
1. Assists in patient preparation for treatment. Explains purpose and procedure of hyperbaric treatment of the patient. Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
2. Assists with transporting of patients as required. Assists in maintaining an appropriate inventory of all departmental supplies. Reports treatments to be conducted and condition of patients to relief personnel. Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education programs as well as in orienting hospital and other personnel to hyperbaric oxygen therapy and the Hyperbaric Medicine Department.
3. Carries out hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by the Physician. Observes the patients and the hyperbaric systems during the course of hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Reports unusual occurrences to the Safety Officer and Physician and records patients' condition.
4. Performs preventive and any other required maintenance on the hyperbaric system. Maintains operating, maintenance and safety logs and other required documentation. Signs all logs as specified in departmental policy and procedure.
5. Prepares the hyperbaric chamber, equipment and materials as needed for patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric facility and all associated systems and equipment.
● High school diploma or GED
● Successful completion of an Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) approved hyperbaric course.
● Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum of one year of clinical hyperbaric systems operation is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Wound Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.