Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 32614
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Reporting to the HCS Executive Director Patient Experience, the HCS Director Patient Experience Improvement will develop, communicate and monitor tactical interventions of the UNC Health Patient Experience Strategic Plan. Through engagement of providers and teammates in improvement efforts, this leader will promote an optimal patient experience and oversee the standardization of Carolina Care behaviors, UNC Health’s branded model of care delivery.
• Direct system-level orientation and implementation of Carolina Care behaviors and patient experience tactical improvement interventions.
• Provide strategic insight as a trusted advisor to entity-level leaders and patient experience team members based on the interpretation of patient experience data. Guide the development of SMART patient experience goals that are operationally aligned with both the entity and UNC Health strategic patient experience plans.
• Equip entity leadership and patient experience team leads with Carolina Care resources necessary for implementation of behavioral standards and patient experience tactical solutions
• Train and direct UNC Health HCS Patient Experience Project Managers (and other team members) in accordance with prescribed Carolina Care Guidelines for orientation, coaching and leadership development across a variety of disciplines, work groups and service lines.
• Execute and evaluate auditing processes to ensure consistent compliance with UNC Health Patient Experience and Carolina Care Guidelines.
• Maintain entity-level activity documentation and provide HCS Executive Director and UNC Health Patient Experience Governance Committees with regular updates and recommendations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: System Patient Experience
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.