Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 35282
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Strategy Consultant plays a key role in assessing strategic business development opportunities, leading cross-cutting system initiatives, and supporting the development of UNC Health Care's strategic plan and vision. This position provides analytical support by performing analytics to drive business insight, developing business plans, and identifying implications of findings and recommendations.
1. Collaboration - Supports planning activities by collaborating with other strategy consultants and market research analysts to compile qualitative and quantitative information.
2. Financial and Business Planning - Leads cross-functional teams to produce business plans for new business initiatives and operational improvements for review by management.
3. Strategic Planning - Designs analytical models, presentations, and reports to support the development of the strategic activities and initiatives for the health system.
4. Strategy Liaison - Serves as a liaison between the department and clinical service line teams, representing the resources of the Strategic Planning department. Provides specialist knowledge in assigned areas of expertise.
● Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: One (1) year of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting).
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of relevant experience (e.g., finance, banking, business development, private equity, strategy or consulting) or one (1) year at a top tier consulting firm.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building and communication skills. Ability to function with limited guidance and be comfortable working on projects alone or in cross-functional teams.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Strategic Planning
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.